We are inviting applications for a Student Assistant / Hilfsassistent*in (20-25%) starting on May 1, 2022. This position is funded by the Digital Society Initiative of the University of Zurich (www.dsi.uzh.ch) to support the Digital Monitor project (digitalmonitor23.ch) for a duration of 6 months. In collaboration with smartvote the project aims to capture the positions of candidates in the 2023 Swiss national elections with regard to digital policy. This position is jointly advertised by Prof. Karsten Donnay and Prof. Lucas Leemann. Please direct any questions you might have to firstname.lastname@example.org.
The position supports all aspects of the Digital Monitor project at the University of Zurich and the Digital Society Initiative. This includes coordination and communication with different stakeholders but also supporting all aspects of the survey administered through smartvote. This is an inter-disciplinary, cross-institutional project involving colleagues in Bern and Geneva.
Level of employment
The position is particularly suitable for third-year BA or first-year MA students with experience in surveys and survey questionnaire design and analysis.
Applicants for this position should meet the following requirements
- Enrolled in a political science degree program
- Good overall study performance
- Good statistical skills and experience working with R/RStudio
- High degree of self-motivation and excellent work ethics
- Excellent knowledge of at least one of the Swiss national languages
English and at least one of the Swiss national languages.
- Working in an interesting, cutting-edge project in the context of the 2023 national Swiss elections
- First experience working in a highly interdisciplinary applied research project with real-world relevance
- A work space at the institute in the common pool of desks reserved for student assistants at the IPZ
The starting date for the position is May 1, 2023.
If you are interested in applying for this position, please address your application (including motivation letter, CV, proof of academic performance and a seminar / research paper or your BA thesis) to email@example.com with the subject “job opening – Digital Monitor”.
Closing date for applications
Review of applications will begin on April 7, 2023 and continue until the position is filled. Interviews will likely take place already in April (and can be done virtually, if need be).