Preparing the Next Generation for the Asian Century
Asia matters. In its mission to foster Asia Competence, Asia Society Switzerland is committed to empowering young voices in the dialogue with Asia, recognizing youth as a key driver of Switzerland’s future success in the region. We offer the Gen A (short for: Generation Asia) – Young Leadership Program to young professionals and advanced students in Switzerland. The program aims to deepen their knowledge of Asia-related issues, to provide the participants with the tools to interpret Asia’s development and to identify opportunities for successful collaborations with Asia. This one-year program will enable the next generation to engage with Asia at eye-level and build a community of young Asia-curious people in Switzerland.
Become a Gen A Fellow
The application period for Gen A 2024 is now open! To become part of the Gen A 2024 cohort, submit your application before January 14, 2024. APPLY NOW
Gen A is a learning and leadership development platform for advanced students and young professionals. Application to the program is open to anyone living in Switzerland under the age of 35 with no more than three years of relevant work experience. Gen A is designed to inform, inspire, and connect. Gen A fellows gain access to leading business, policy, trade, diversity, and cultural thinkers on Asia; join a network of peers who are passionate about Asia; and get the chance to lead projects and represent the network.
Program Elements and Requirements
- 5 roundtables catered exclusively to the Gen A Fellows
- 2 skill-building workshops
- Active participation in Asia Society Switzerland events (attendance of a minimum of four public or members-only events/webcasts is required, participation at executive roundtables upon opportunity)
- Graduation project: deep dive on a topic that you care for, professionally or personally – alone or in groups of up to two Fellows. The program offers the opportunity to present your project at our flagship conference, STATE OF ASIA. See selected projects from the previous cohorts here.
Why You Should Become a Fellow
In this one-year program, you will:
- get direct access to high-level experts;
- get in-depth insights on Asia that help you understand what is happening today;
- build a network of like-minded peers;
- get the ability to analyze and assess future developments on your own;
- get free access to Asia Society Switzerland events;
- receive a certificate confirming your engagement to understand Asian issues;
- get access to a growing network of successful Gen A Alumni;
- develop your skillset (e.g. leadership, public speaking, and presentation of research) and gain hands-on experience in relevant fields
The program is designed for advanced students and young professionals who aspire to engage with Asia. Whether you want to do business in Asia, study a year abroad or just gain a better understanding of a region that is already shaping our future; this program will give you the tools and network to achieve your goals. If you have no more than three years of relevant professional experience; are below 35 years of age, and have a strong interest in Asia, join us! The maximum number of participants is 25.
Applications for Gen A 2024 are open until January 14, 2024. Apply now!
The selected candidates of Gen A 2024 will be notified on January 31, 2024.