About the Swiss Finance Council
Established in 2013 the Swiss Finance Council (SFC) is an association based in Switzerland, with an EU representative office in Brussels, whose aim is to foster dialogue around policy developments in finance at a European and international level. SFC members are globally active Swiss financial institutions with a strong European presence. We articulate and advocate the interests of our members towards the EU institutions and support an integrated Single Market that can contribute to the creation of a strong, open and globally competitive European financial sector. We act as a platform to share experience, expertise and knowledge through our permanent representative office in Brussels.
The candidate assists and supports the SFC in monitoring and reporting about policy developments, conducting topical research, preparing background material and information for meetings and events.
- Conduct background research and analysis on specific issues of interest to the SFC in relation to EU financial market regulation.
- Monitor regulatory and policy developments in EU financial services of relevance to the SFC.
- Prepare material for advocacy activities such as briefings for SFC and/or its members, feedback to public consultations, etc.
- Report on meetings, public hearings, conferences and other events.
- Conduct background research and draft reports on key aspects regarding the EU-CH relationship.
- Contribute to SFC events.
- University degree in economics, law or political science with knowledge in finance/financial market law.
- Good understanding of the functioning of the European institutions and EU policy making.
- Excellent communication skills, both verbally and in writing, in English.
- Strong time-management, organisational skills and ability to coordinate several tasks at the same time.
- Excellent command of MS Word, PowerPoint & Outlook.
A 5-month full time paid-internship in Brussels within a dynamic, flexible and international working environment that allows you to build up an excellent public affairs experience from a Swiss banking perspective.
Start date: 1st of March 2024
To apply: Interested candidates should send a cover letter accompanied by a CV by e-mail to email@example.com.
Deadline for applications: Friday 8 December 2023 COB
We thank all applicants for their interest. Please note that only those candidates selected for interviews will be contacted.