Professor Fabrizio Gilardi invites applications for a research assistant position
(Hilfsassistent:in) (20%), starting in December 2023 or January 2024. The position is
initially offered for three months, but may be extended.
The main tasks are to provide specific technical and computational support for the further
development of the Tool for Online Discussions (TOD) and to implement data pipelines in
Python or R for interfacing with the GPT API.
The position is suitable for MA students in computer science who meet the following
- Enrolled in a computer science or similar degree program (MA) at the University of
Zurich, ETH or ZHAW (or any other Swiss university/university of applied sciences)
Svelte, React, Vue)
- Good working knowledge of web hosting
- Good working knowledge of Python for API interaction and some knowledge for Data
- Good oral communication skills in English (knowledge of German is a plus)
- High degree of self-motivation and excellent work ethics
- Working with an international team of researchers doing cutting-edge research on
digital technology and democracy
- Gaining experience in prompt engineering and working with the GPT API
- Gaining research experience
- Workspace at the Department of Political Science (Affolternstrasse 56, 8050 Zurich)
This position opens on
The starting date for the position is December 2023 or January 2024. It is initially offered for
three months but may be extended.
How to apply
For any questions about this position, feel free to send an email to Valeria Vuk
(email@example.com). Please address your application, including motivation letter, CV, proof
of academic performance and, if available, a link to your GitHub account as well as a 1-page
description of one of your projects on GitHub, to firstname.lastname@example.org with the subject
“Student assistant (ArgumentBot)”. Review of applications will begin on November 5, 2023,
and continue until the position is filled.