The Global Studies Institute (GSI) is an interfaculty centre at the University of Geneva that combines the tradition of regional and international studies with developments in global governance. The GSI invites applications for three assistantships as part of the Bachelor in International Relations (BARI).
Political Science / International Relations
- Teaching of 2 Seminars (6 ECTS, Bachelor in International Relations)
- Teaching of 1 Seminar supervising research projects (Bachelor in International Relations)
- Supervision and marking of examinations and student monitoring – Participation in GSI scientific activities (conferences, workshops, etc.).
- Devoting 40% of his/her time to writing his/her thesis.
- Participation in national and international conferences.
- Publication of academic articles.
Duration of the appointment:
The candidate will be hired on a two-year contract, which may be renewed for two successive periods of two years and one year respectively. The maximum duration of the position is five years. The first year of employment is a trial period during which the employment relationship may be terminated subject to a notice period of 3 months to the end of the month.
The application must include:
- a covering letter,
- a detailed CV
- a copy of the university master’s degree with a transcript,
- the names of two referees, must be submitted exclusively online by clicking on Postuler / Apply now >>
- Hold a Master’s degree recognised by the University of Geneva (in political science, international relations or a qualification deemed equivalent) by December 2023.
- have a very good knowledge of and a clear research interest in international relations
- intend to enrol for a doctoral thesis in global studies or political science
- Fluency in English and French.
Professor Sandra Lavenex (Sandra.Lavenex@unige.ch)