swisspeace is a practice and research institute dedicated to advancing effective peacebuilding. Partnerships with local and international actors are at the core of our work. Together, we combine competence and creativity to reduce violence and promote peace in contexts affected by conflicts. In collaboration with the University of Basel swisspeace offers a number of postgraduate programs and courses for peacebuilding professionals from around the world.
To support the Continuing Education team we are looking for an: Intern (100%)
Starting date: We are looking for two interns, working with us either: 15 August 2023 – 15 February 2024 or 1 February 2024 – 31 July 2024. Please state your preferences in your cover letter. Duration: 6 months Gross salary per month: CHF 1,500
- Support the organization and implementation of courses (virtual and on-site courses)
- Support the course administration (e.g. applications, course material, documentation)
- Support advertising activities (e.g. mailings, social media)
- Manage communication with participants and faculty
- BA (higher degrees will not be accepted) in international relations, political sciences, social sciences, peace studies or similar disciplines
- Strong communication skills
- Strong organizational skills, reliable and paying attention to detail
- Self-initiative, ability to work independently and as part of a team, ability to work under pressure
- Excellent IT skills (MS Office, particularly Excel and Word)
- Proficiency in English (C1); good command of German or French
- Social media skills are an asset
- A challenging internship in an attractive field of work with political relevance
- Gaining insights in all of swisspeace’s thematic areas and meeting experienced academics and practitioners from all over the world
- Possibility to work independently and as part of a team and to develop your own ideas
- A positive working atmosphere in a dynamic and international team
- Good working conditions and an attractive place of work in Basel, Switzerland.
Due to the Swiss regulations on the admission of foreign workers, only applicants with an existing Swiss work permit or citizenship of Switzerland or of an EU/EFTA state can be considered for this internship position.
We look forward to receiving your complete application in English including a cover letter, CV, work certificates and diplomas by 30 April 2023. Please submit your application via our online portal. Other means of application will not be accepted. Interviews will take place in the first two weeks of May.
For further information please consult our website www.swisspeace.ch or contact us by phone under +41 61 551 56 99.