We offer four eight-week internships for bachelor and master students in international relations in their final year of study. The place of work will be the CSS offices in Zurich.
Interns will contribute to the CSS research projects, assist the senior researchers with their research, editorial, and networking activities, and co-author articles with CSS researchers in one of the following areas:
- Swiss/Transatlantic/European/Global Security
- mediation and peace support (mainly preparation and realization of the PMC course)
- socio-technical resilience/civil protection
- emerging technologies
- cyber defense
- nuclear deterrence and disarmament
- Excellent communication skills in English
- Good knowledge of Microsoft Office applications
- The ability to read and analyze content quickly and objectively
- A detailed knowledge of current affairs, e.g. Swiss security policy
- A strong work ethic and the ability to learn quickly
- Initiative and a willingness to participate in, and contribute to, the activities of the CSS.
Please note that due to Swiss labour laws only EU 25 / EFTA nationals may apply.